Friday 2 November 2007

Remembrance of Lefke

I've just returned from Lefke. What beauty I encountered there. A place of love. Meeting so many souls of pure devotion. Each morning at 4.00am I left my bed, showered, then set off on a short walk in the moonlight of a starry sky, a short way to the centre. Passing the gnarled olive trees and along that main street, jasmines, like tiny white stars tumbled over walls kissing the air with their unforgettable fragrance. Magenta bougainvillea, mimosa, orange and lemon trees lined the walkway to the heart place. We began our prayers at 5.00am and chanted till dawn, then shared split-jewelled pomegranites, hot sweet tea and stories.
Later, into the garden I went to smell the secret rose, another doorway to the unseen, the invisible and divine Oneness, a tasting of the most sacred Sweetness and here I was, arriving, absorbed in the warmth and the majesty of beauty of it all.

No comments: