Monday 12 November 2007

Clearing the Way

My early morning journey took longer than anticipated as I followed a slow moving tractor along the long and winding road towards town. I thanked the Universe for the reminder to slow down and be mindful of patience during my day today. Slowing down gave an opportunity to really take in the beautiful early morning sights of a mid November morning. The air temperature had definitely dropped and the miles of hedgerows had been kissed by crystals of frost which sparkled as the yellow sun rose in a chamomile, ice blue sky.
Arriving back home half an hour later I cleared the little patch of ground against the garden path wall. The last of the orange zinnias had been burnt by the morning frosts recently and looked a bit worse for wear. The purple sweet peas still remain, although most were transported to my workshop for saturday. I need my flowers when I'm teaching. They are a reminder to be grounded and that all learning comes from a remembrance of our Source. Rosemary was placed on each person's chair before the event began. We grow and we change and we flower.
The bed was cleared and I removed some of the exisiting soil to other areas of the garden as a top cover around the perennials for this time of year. Some fresh compost was toppled into the exisiting bed for thw earthworms to work on and this will be left to settle for a couple of days. By that time the earth will be ready to receive the wallflower plants I've been looking after for the past week and a half at the back of the house. I trust that over the next few weeks, their roots will have time to establish themselves in the new beds and by spring the pathway to the house will be lined with a blaze of colour and heavenly sent scent!

No comments: