Monday 5 November 2007

Friendship, "the fast root in my heart".

This should have been my second weekend in year two at the seminary. My thoughts were with my sisters and brothers there. I really missed them this weekend, with some sadness about my decision to leave. I recalled the friends I'd really connected with during my year on the programme, such beautiful, life affirming souls. I kept thinking of our funny lunchtime gatherings, sitting on the benches in the square, laughing, crying and sharing stories of this amazing journey through the beautiful Cosmos. But it was time to go, I know it was time to go.

We arrived in darkness at our cottage in the Lakes on friday evening. Our friends, special friends for many moons, had arrived a couple of hours beforehand, in the daylight. We were warmly greeted by them from the hot tub in the garden! After a long drive it was wonderful to change, soak in the bubbles and spend some easy time 'catching up' on our lives.
The next day the sun stayed with us in a clear blue sky, with only a slight breeze to shift those remaining copper coloured leaves from their branches - the whole place was a picture.
Memories of the weekend - loving friends both near and far, the hot tub and the cool air, the beauty of the changing landscape, lots of fresh air, walks, cooking fresh food and tasting some lovely wines, coversations over coffee and rich, dark organic chocolate cake!, Grizedale Forest walks and Hawkeshead revisited. I love this little quote, taken from a book given to me by one of my friends at the weekend "Friendship is the fast root in my heart, it is like a white rose in the wilderness" (Peig Sayers)

No comments: